202 Second St.
- Volunteers to assist in the Community Education and Organizing and Youth Services lines of business.
- Donations during Thanksgiving and Christmas.
525 East Front St.
Plainfield, NJ 07060
- Volunteers to teach English as a Second Language
- Volunteers for Translation and Research
- Donations for their Clothing and Food Drives
- Donations of unwrapped toys for Annual Christmas Toy Drive
- Pro-bono qualified attorneys and paralegals
- Financial support: Individual/ church donations.
184 First Street
Elizabeth, NJ 07206
- New board members with experience in marketing, finance, social work, legal and engineering fields.
- Donations of food, hygienic items and supplies for their early education and youth programs.
71 Summit Avenue
Summit, NJ 07901
- Volunteers to participate in our annual national fundraisers: the Our Promise to Children breakfast and our Fall gala
- Volunteers to work directly with families in our local, Union County, NJ program.
- Volunteers to host fundraisers to benefit the National Office in our roles of developing and supporting Affiliates nationwide as well as raising awareness of the family homelessness crisis.
456 New Market Road
- Floating volunteers to host at the day center when staff is ill or have an emergency, and at night at host churches.
- Laundry detergent tabs, baby detergent; feminine products including overnights; bed pillows; body lotion and body wash; bar soap; deodorant; mouthwash; & disposable razors;
- Baby Items: lotion, shampoo, wash & unscented wipes
- Gift Cards: Shop Rite, Target, Walmart, CVS, Walgreens, Payless shoes, Famous Footwear & Lane Bryant
33 Bartles Corner Road
Flemington, NJ 08822
908-806-7913 x 26
- Volunteer for household repairs, carpentry or painting, gardening and landscaping, office cleaning, photography and/or video, office work, special mailings and phone calls, grant writing and research, teaching an approved subject, community outreach/public relations, church community/ missions ambassador, maintenance and repairs, internet research, tutoring, monitoring, supervising, promoting or participating in any of the fundraising events.
- Constant need of paper goods: paper towels, toilet tissue, tissue, napkins, paper plates, paper cups, etc.
- Need of twin size sheet sets, comforters, bath towels, washcloths, and bed spreads.
1009 Park Avenue
Plainfield, NJ 07060
- Community Gardens: They need volunteers for their Community Gardens in Plainfield and Scotch Plains.
- Holiday Socials: Volunteers who collaborate with staff on ideas for party activities, including themed arts * crafts, games and books. Volunteer congregations/individuals to provide food for these events.
- Kids Club and Teens on Thursdays: Congregations to host dinner, offer speakers and provide opportunities for enrichment, both social and academic, to the Kids and Teens that attend this 4-day per week after school program.
40 Grove St., P.O. Box 922
Somerville, NJ 08876
- New members to serve on Board of Directors
- Volunteers as Bible Study instructors, worship leaders, and one-on-one mentors for Inmates.
- Need of toiletries (solid underarm deodorant, shampoo, toothpaste, and deodorant soap), as well as white underwear (esp. XL) and socks.
- Christmas Cards boxes, small writing pads, hard candy, and children’s toys for all ages for the Christmas Care Program.
P.O. Box 29
- Tutors–2 hours per month; Thursdays 4-6 pm.
- Bikes for Middle & High School youth for Bike Clubs.
- Mentor Days 4 x’s annually–shared activity, sports event.
- Sponsorship of Thanksgiving baskets & turkeys; wintertime warm gloves, socks, hats, etc.
- Volunteers to participate in church retreats and programs to develop teen faith journeys.
P.O. Box 841
Somerville, NJ 08876
- At least two Chaplains to provide approximately 5 hours per week.
- Board members willing to serve on various capacities on the Board and attend meetings every other month at 5 p.m..
- Stationery for fund raising letters and thank you notes.
P.O. Box 6288
Bridgewater, NJ 08807
- Donations of new sneakers, underwear and socks in children's sizes for the FISH Children's Clothing Pantry
- Gently worn children's and teens' clothing is welcome. Contact the Clothing Pantry at 908-429-0464 to arrange pick-up.
- Volunteers to answer hotline. Phone volunteers work less than one day a month, from wherever they are.
- Clothing pantry volunteers to sort, fill and deliver orders as their schedules will allow.
780 Salem Ave.
Elizabeth, NJ 07208
- Donations to be used as incentives for positive participation
- Hosts and cooks to provide meals to the 50 teens who attend the Friday Night Teen Arts Night.
- Professional artists who would like to share their creative gifts with the children.
- Board Members