*Note to employers: Your job posting will remain on our site for approximately 1 month, please contact us to renew at that time.
Full-Time Director of Children’s & Youth Ministry – Greenwich, CT
First Presbyterian Church of Greenwich, CT (www.fpcg.org) is seeking a full-time Director of Children’s and Youth Ministry. FPC is a vibrant, well-educated, multi-generational church committed to extending the grace of family to all who desire a spirit filled Christian community, while helping raise children to be joyful disciples of Christ. The Director of Children’s and Youth Ministry will provide leadership to the children’s and youth ministries (preK-12th grade) programs at First Presbyterian Church, nurturing the faith development of children and youth of the congregation.
Essential functions for this position include:
● Providing oversight for all faith formation opportunities for children and youth
● Building and overseeing the team of adults caring for children and youth in the church
● Building and maintaining relationships with children and youth
● Serving as staff liaison to children and youth committee
● Coordinating communications to families of children and youth
● Assisting in Sunday morning worship at discretion of Senior Minister
Qualifications for this position are:
● Bachelor’s Degree, with specific education or training pertaining to children’s or youth ministry preferred
● At least 3 years ministry experience, preferably with children and youth
● Demonstrated leadership in recruiting and equipping children’s and youth ministry volunteers
● Proficiency in public speaking
Qualified candidates should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
posted April 18, 2017
Synod Mission Communicator/Coordinator
The Synod of the Northeast seeks a Mission Communicator/Coordinator. This person will create and coordinate modes of various established communication systems throughout the Synod community, provide support and guidance to those seeking and receiving mission support from our Synod, and promote funds development. Click here for a complete job description. To apply send a resume and cover letter to Luci Duckson-Bramble, Chair of the Search Committee. If you have questions when applying you may reach the Chair at 516-476-8450. Deadline: May 15, 2017
posted March 28, 2017
Half-Time Church Administrator – Newark, NJ
posted March 28, 2017
YOUTH SUPPORT WORKER/DRIVER – Elizabeth, NJ
Click link for job description. Youth Support Worker Job Description
posted March 21, 2017
Full-Time Pastor/Head of Staff – Pittstown, NJ
Bethlehem Presbyterian is a church that cares deeply for each other and enjoys the fellowship of church members. The church works to spread God’s love in our community and the world through a focus on mission. Our hope is to further the renewed enthusiasm we have seen during the last few months through increased attendance and participation.
- Thought provoking, inspiring, relatable and relevant, Bible-based preaching is a priority.
- Provide guidance to enable the church to embark on a process of discernment as we search for a called pastor during this time of change.
- Enable the Session to identify current issues they face and develop ways of resolving them
- Lead and help the Session through a goal-setting process, thereby developing a vision for the future
- Help to identify skills needed by the future Pastor to insure clarity of roles and expectations
- Prepare the congregation for the arrival of a new minister
- Provide a collaborative approach to leadership and decision making. Support and develop lay leadership.
posted March 1, 2017
Part-Time Installed Pastor – Townley Presbyterian, Union, NJ
The Townley Presbyterian Church of Union, NJ is a small church of under 100 members, seeking a part-time installed pastor. The church’s Ministry Information Form is posted with the Church Leadership Connection, found here. Townley Ministry Information FormThe PNC is looking to expand their pool of local applicants for this part-time position. Might there be someone interested in tent-making with a congregation that seeking a pastor to live into its mission, in relationship to the needs of its community? If so, please direct inquires to PNC Chair Kathy Kreie and send Personal Information Form to TOWNLEYPNC@yahoo.composted January 3, 2017
Interim Pastor – Community Presbyterian, Edison, NJ
The Community Presbyterian Church of Edison, NJ, is a small 100 member multicultural congregation, whose pastor recently retired after 21 years of service with the congregation. The church is searching for a full-time Temporary Pastor with interim training to help the congregation examine its history and work through the range of thoughts and emotions that come with the retirement of a long-term pastorate. They will also need a leader whose work with the Session will help their discernment about current issues, such as the spiritual formation of the congregation, the full integration of the church’s multi-cultural membership, development of leaders, clarity of mission to the community, and meeting financial challenges.
Qualifications for the position include: strong interpersonal skills, leadership experience, a vision for church growth, and bible teaching experience. Strong computer skills, social media knowledge, and experience serving a multicultural church is a plus. For specifics about the responsibilities, see job description, attached.
The church is located in the heart of central New Jersey near major highways and public transportation. Edison is a diverse community of more than 100,000 residents. The church is situated in a neighborhood that includes Edison High School.
Click Here for job description.
posted January 2, 2017